Work Readiness Programme
Students at The Living Link complete the Work Readiness Programme, starting in January / February – aimed at integrating them into society, both in the work place and in the community. The programme is life skills and work experience based, and focuses on the following areas – Employment Readiness, Personal Empowerment, Lifestyle Management and Financial Management. Job Sampling placements during the training allow the students the opportunity to experience different types of jobs and the realities of work. During job sampling at EY, Alexander Forbes, JHB Zoo or The Living Link, students are rated by supervisors against real key performance criteria. These criteria help The Living Link understand where the young adults need more coaching to enhance their work performance skills.
The Living Link seeks to place graduates into open labour market employment by implementing the Supported Employment model. Adults with disabilities are placed in ordinary working environments, doing regular work where salaries and benefits are real and reflect work performance. The Living Link provides placement support and ongoing Job Coaching and training to both employer and employee.
Based on the idea of full inclusion, The Living Link encourages and facilitates the transition of their members into independent living. Adults with intellectual disabilities who have employment are supported in making the move away from their parents and into the community. With structured intervention these adults manage their own lives and households.
The Living Link strives to facilitate growth and change by empowering their members, support networks and the community and by creating an environment of understanding, acceptance and possibility.
- 2020 – R5500.00 per month. A non-refundable deposit of R2500.00 is required to secure a place.
- 12 months x R5500.00 = R66 000.00
- Total cost for the year is R66 000.00
- Scholarships are available to students in need where there is no / limited family income. A scholarship application form will need to be completed and is reviewed and approved or declined by The Living Link Board members.
- The Living Link is accredited to run a cleaning and hygiene learnership, and when sponsorships become available, learners will be able to join the learnership and in some instances have their course fees sponsored in full.